rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Maria Del Carmen Misa Moreira <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:43:36 +0100

hi,

just ignore all my previous mails, you were right! :)
i was trying to work around whereas there was a nicer solution...

On 12/8/21 17:24, Maria Del Carmen Misa Moreira wrote:
I was thinking on this feature and maybe it can be added something like that:

access-list ipv6_flowlabel_10
sequence 10 permit all any all any all flow 10 from 7 to 12
exit

Note the 'from 7 to 12' which can means 'match bits from 7 to 12 of the
20-bits'.

so afterall the asic can do only one thing quickly and that's binary and...
with this the following small change this thing just arrived:
https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/b1a082e1675ad0716ae8c7814af751c377271d4b

it looks like this:

sid(cfg-acl)#show running-config this
access-list asdf
sequence 10 permit all any all any all flow 128&192
exit
!

sid(cfg-acl)#

and matches everything who last byte's upper 2 bits are 10...
all the other bits are unintecresting, does not care about them...
much like as netmask 255.255.0.255 ignores the 3rd octet...

the stuff should be out by the morning so if you can ask alex
to trigger a rebuild, you can upgrade when convenient... :)

regards,
cs