Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service
- From: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
- To: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT units.it>, geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
- Subject: Re: Feature Request: password visibility switch
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 11:48:36 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=surf.nl; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=surf.nl; dkim=pass header.d=surf.nl; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=evLG4x9Ym4MqOw0eq1ETKmtCqzDJljbgP+uzxQwyoEo=; b=BJjaVvI0dYcv55Oh8Uj06IuJjXqrhlMcy3hQRVLVxySYMSbL8MKu2EOusJ9cHii+ebMoMomeHgYyRwQNijQpfWnp3npf/6rb14y0bxuMdV5eoYMMHR8ohmNXopbe3hpCFM3z+veYlrMf/RT5ZOqcc5Lz88ggKISY1QdzA2+y90YlVw5QQo8vunllmfk7lUkC6J8WPctJzpdwGUURAYOwcB3C3U8jLhqnNfUcfA8qtFRx5gtQEq1+vP1FkBYfakklvocDX8yeuxCnhznT2hRqwAlP6y+M+wGsWagyOf5+JYNxGobwPMEx/GusxfaYwmIFnKxhj2J+R/MEyt+TXmpNhQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=XRwU1npfVLo2uauC2ZqbzSPb/tp07bi3uTSyS9YFqhSLyHmsym+QIxakG3aMpQina/EhXhG3rQjQsaszo53NChUrCpLGS45ldjlhjGh/f0bSzb0iQqiG/5aFMwlm4+05dRLNWNxkvGWxXdFY+/3VRK0gv/tt0+vf3XtEuAgyYDf73aEIssKQV9WphgkfdUXRWvHEgpsSr08nsfc7vStZ4Y47hhtiIifyS5PA9koi0OMEaBSvOIScOwNbf3uW6aEJElKiS/sri6El0L9XVhWv0aPcdtvJbRJH5rCHGA4qrny9fwBipXRbZUCuufjTnpw2eh8LyC7KaSIs/K5887r+IA==
- Authentication-results: dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dmarc=none action=none header.from=surf.nl;
e0d95790-78f6-1030-aa52-55473b4ea11a AT units.it">
We have a certain amount of helpdesk requests for people mistyping their password inside the password textbox.
I know this sounds crazy, nevertheless this is.
A growing number of other (mainly) mobile apps are implementing the eye icon for password visibility; some peripheral technicians that are most in contact with end users asked for this functionality.
I think it would be great for geteduroam project also.
Please think of this feature not limited to the smartphone platforms only.
Hope it helps
Thanks for suggesting it! We have a feature request for this already on github: https://github.com/geteduroam/ionic-app/issues/104
We are working on a newer version of the App with some more
significant rework (different framework) starting with Android,
and hope we can make this feature part of it. It won't be
available tomorrow, but I expect it later this year. (I believe we
checked if it was trivial to implement with the current framework,
but I recall it wasn't - I may check with the developers again. At
the same time, we'd have the problem with Android SDK levels, so
we may only resolve this currently for Android 12 and up.)
- Feature Request: password visibility switch, Daniele Albrizio, 05/09/2022
- Re: Feature Request: password visibility switch, Paul Dekkers, 05/09/2022
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.