edugain-policy-comments - [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on the eduGAIN eduGAIN attribute profile for end users draft

edugain-policy-comments AT lists.geant.org

Subject: edugain policy comments

[edugain-policy-comments] Comments on the eduGAIN eduGAIN attribute profile for end users draft

  • From: Thomas Lenggenhager <lenggenhager AT switch.ch>
  • To: edugain-policy-comments AT geant.net
  • Subject: [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on the eduGAIN eduGAIN attribute profile for end users draft
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:22:51 +0200

Here my comments on the draft eduGAIN attribute profile for end users
from 1 July 2010.

Regards,
Thomas

line 723:
Refr to SCHAC, not Schac and include proper references to the original
web sites.

line 740:
The open issue displayName and its relationship to cn and possibly
nickname is not trivial.

- I view cn as a more formal name, but the sequence of first middle and
last is culturally dependent. Some areas do first middle last, others do
last first middle and so on.

- DisplayName is questionable since requirements might vary depending on
the application. Just the first name, just the lastname, first letter of
firstname and lastname etc.

- Nickname is something that should be under change control of the end
user. Not many IdPs support well defined user change control on
attribute values...

So for me we can postpone displayName and just use cn with unknown
semantics. Sorting might provide interesting results.

line 767:
The international vocabulary for schacHomeOrganizationType attribute is
still rudimentary as no textual descriptions exists which would limit
the scope open for potential interpretation...

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities

  • [edugain-policy-comments] Comments on the eduGAIN eduGAIN attribute profile for end users draft, Thomas Lenggenhager, 08/26/2010