edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Support for WS Federation protocol in edugain

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Support for WS Federation protocol in edugain

  • From: Pål Axelsson <pax AT sunet.se>
  • To: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • Cc: Daniel Muscat <daniel.muscat AT um.edu.mt>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Support for WS Federation protocol in edugain
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:58:03 +0200

Hi all,

In SWAMID we've had several ADFS instances with WS-metadata in the SAML2 metadata. However, we've started to filter yhem out because they don't use WS-style login and attributes. The WS parts and it's claim definition made the metadata blob for that entity much larger. There're some IdP's that has used WS internal but not through than national federation.

Pål

On 2020-05-15 14:06, Daniel Muscat wrote:
> Hi Leif, Can you give me an example of such entity, need to see what will be contained in the Metadata to define the WS Protocol.

I was going to point to http://idp.chalmers.se/adfs/services/trust but I realize that
entity filtered all the WS-* metadata extensions... needlessly I think.

        Cheers Leif