edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] Fwd: Need help on a new published IDP

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] Fwd: Need help on a new published IDP

  • From: Daniel Muscat <daniel.muscat AT um.edu.mt>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] Fwd: Need help on a new published IDP
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:33:18 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Daniel Muscat <daniel.muscat AT um.edu.mt>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 15:15
Subject: Need help on a new published IDP
To: <edugain-sg AT lists.geant.org>

Dear all,
    I am writing here to request help, particularly from the UK Federation.

Yesterday we published a new IDP for the University of Malta (ourselves) under the entity id https://accounts.um.edu.mt/saml/saml2/idp. The validator gave no error and many entities picked up the new IDP (example in academia and the Geant Wiki), but until now the WAYF service of the UK federation is still not listing the new IDP. Is this normal? or there are some extra rules that the UK Federation imposes on IDPs be listed in their WAYF service?  Could it be some technical problem?

--
Regards
Daniel

--