edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityDescriptor-embedded signature with invalid reference URI in eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityDescriptor-embedded signature with invalid reference URI in eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityDescriptor-embedded signature with invalid reference URI in eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:38:30 +0200

* Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it> [2019-09-18 10:29]:
> I'm trying to reproduce the issue you've found with the schema
> validation and xmlsectool, but I can't (schema taken from
> https://github.com/ukf/ukf-meta).

The schema validation turned out to be local problem @ DFN triggered
by the offending Romanian IDP even though that itself is schema-valid.

So while Wolfgang hunts down the underlying cause let's hope that the
presence of that signature element doesn't trip over other metadata
consumers (IDPs and SPs across eduGAIN participant federations).

@Valeriu: Thanks for removing the spurious signature. Once it's gone
from the MDS' output I'll make out a local aggregation run to prune it
from our downstream feeds ASAP.

-peter