edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdP without DNS records
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 16:31:11 +0200

* Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surfnet.nl> [2018-05-08 16:23]:
> While testing with the eduGAIN metadata, I note the entity
> https://idp.vle.ase.md/saml/saml2/idp/metadata.php  has no DNS records,
> hence is totally not functional. Is eduGIAN in any way testing this
> before adding entities to metadata?

Seems to me you've answered your own question?

Also, as has been well established over the years, the MDS does not
censor, edit or remove individual entities from eduGAIN members'
upstream feeds: It either accepts the feed as a whole, or stops
refreshing from that feed until the problem is resolved at the source,
or otherwise drops the whole feed from the MDS once validUntil is
reached.
Of course you shouldn't take my word for any of this, the eduGAIN OT
will (or should) have documented all this in policy and practices
statements.

-peter