edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory

  • From: Davide Vaghetti <davide.vaghetti AT garr.it>
  • To: Sten Aus <sten.aus AT eenet.ee>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:19:58 +0100

Hello Sten,

as for the approved-by-Microsoft eduPerson schema I think you can have better chances to have a definitive answer asking directly on MACE-Dir list <mace-dir AT internet2.edu>. Please check also the MACE-Dir wiki page:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/macedir/MACE-Dir+Working+Group+Space

BTW, I really don't know if the actual eduPerson schema for AD has been vetted by Microsoft or not, though I'm missing the point in having a custom schema "certified" by the vendor of a directory service (unless it changes the TOU, but AFAIK that's not the case for eduPerson).

Consider also that if your IdP is Shibboleth or simpleSAMLphp, you can use filters and scripts to dinamically create attributes like ePPN, ePSA, displayName, you-name-it, without the need to store them in the directory itself.

Cheers,
Davide