edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory

  • From: Sten Aus <sten.aus AT eenet.ee>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduPerson schema in Active Directory
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:45:35 +0200

Hi

I am Sten from Estonia (TAAT).

I wanted to ask if some of you know (or can ask) how your IdPs handle eduPerson schema in their Active Directory Services? If I understand correctly eduPerson is not supported "out of the box" in AD schema?

As I have one IdP whose main administator does not want to use AD schemas which have not been approved by Windows then there's problems with them from time to time. They tend to miss ePPN attribute for some persons as they need to add this to their extra AD LDS service by another administrator.

Also I wanted to ask if there is a proof that eduPerson schema is/is not approved to Microsoft AD schema? Or can it be added and if it's supported by Microsoft if you manually add it?

If it's not discuss topic, you can reply to me directly, too! :)

Thanks and all the best

Sten Aus
EENet / TAAT
sten.aus AT eenet.ee