edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Hong Kong/HKAF for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Hong Kong/HKAF for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Brook Schofield <brook.schofield AT geant.org>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Hong Kong/HKAF for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:28:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

All,

I present to you the application of:
 * Hong Kong/HKAF

who has Signed the eduGAIN Declaration, has a policy based on the federation policy template that covers all the prescribed areas with extensions into useful areas, is self declaring their federation as a production service and is wanting to join the global R&E federated environment. To provide guidance on your assessment I’ve performed a summary (attached) of their policy.

You can find more detailed information about the federation under "eduGAIN Candidates” at
    https://technical.edugain.org/status.php

which contains links to their policy and MRPS (which doesn’t follow the MRPS template but does address Home Organisation, IdP and SP registration and production of @scope).

This application is from an organisation that is closely aligned with the GÉANT community via their participation in the APAN and Asi@Connect/TEIN communities. The development of this federation has been supported by the Australian Access Federation (AAF). They are also the eduroam .hk roaming operator.

So I ask the following federations to specifically review the submission by HKAF:
 * France / FÉR
 * Japan/GakuNin
 * Korea/KAFE
 * Latvia / LAIFE
 * Lithuania / LITNET FEDI

All eduGAIN members can (and should) provide feedback on this.

If you have any questions please contact the HKAF team that are subscribed to this mailing list.

This announcement of the assessment of a federation is new to the eduGAIN-Discuss mailing list. It is hoped that this platform will allow the free flow of information between commenters and the HKAF team (which wasn’t possible when this discussion was only on the eduGAIN Steering Group (eSG) mailing list. Formal components of the membership process will continue on the eSG list. Hopefully this will be an improvement to the membership process.

My intention is to call a vote to accept Hong Kong/HKAF as a member after I’ve received confirmation from at least 3 of the specific federations that this policy is inline with their expectations.

Thanks,

Brook Schofield
eduGAIN Steering Group Chair
GÉANT
M: +31651553991
Skype: brookschofield

  • [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Hong Kong/HKAF for eduGAIN membership, Brook Schofield, 09/28/2017