edugain-discuss - RE: [eduGAIN-discuss] international legislation register

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

RE: [eduGAIN-discuss] international legislation register

  • From: Pål Axelsson <pax AT sunet.se>
  • To: Niels van Dijk <niels.vandijk AT surfnet.nl>, Loretta Davis <loretta.davis AT aaf.edu.au>, edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: RE: [eduGAIN-discuss] international legislation register
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 11:18:53 +0100

Hi,

Even more interesting in the legal field of federated login is that you need to understand the national law context before you can do an easy list of applicable law within a nation or less. For example we did a quick law analysis in Sweden and we found that more then 10 laws or regulations was easy enough to see that they were applicable but when we scratched even more it was overwhelming and not easy to understand the connection. So I totally concur with Niels, start with this federation frameworks.

Pål Axelsson