edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] Changes to the technical site

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] Changes to the technical site

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>, "edugain-sg AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-sg AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] Changes to the technical site
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 22:37:16 +0100

Hi all,
we have just finished updating the technical site.
The validator with the new CoCo and SIRTFI warnings and database itself
have been enabled on Friday and today we have updated the entities
database interface.
The new interface provides the new SIRTFI filter. You can see that we
now have two entities with SIRTFI errors. SIRTFI information is also
shown in the main database listing and in the detailed display.

The validator warnings are now always shown and marked with the warning
traffic icon. I think it is better then the prrevious approach when they
needed to be enabled and were shown as the yellow background.

Security contacts in detailed view are displayed for both SIRTFI and the
legacy InCommon cases.

The status page layout has been slightly modified so that the
information "accordion" does not change its width as is used to
(sometimes pushing images to the side). You may observe that some long
URLs do not fit into the display, but the links work, of course and you
can always see the value of the link so I would think that obscuring
part of the display will be a problem.

I hope you will like the changes.

Cheers
Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology
Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576