edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] entityID question

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] entityID question

  • From: Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski AT heanet.ie>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] entityID question
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 14:54:22 +0100

Thank you Peter!
Janusz

On 07/10/16 14:13, Peter Schober wrote:
* Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski AT heanet.ie> [2016-10-07 15:05]:
Thanks very much for you reply Peter:)

Neither the SAML Metadata not SAML Core seem to say something about
this specifically, but maybe it follows from other specs. E.g. for
URIs see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-6 on
normalisation and comparison.

Either way, I'm pretty sure any form of normalisation in data
structrures used as /identifiers/ within SAML is a bad idea, precluded
by specs or not.
(With comparing e.g. ACS URLs it may be less clear, but I'd still seek
guidance from the OASIS Security Technical Comittee, via
aforementioned list.)

-peter