edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Kristof Bajnok <bajnokk AT niif.hu>, Maja Wolniewicz <mgw AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 22:25:39 +0200

Hi Kristof,

W dniu 07.09.2016 o 22:10, Kristof Bajnok pisze:
> However, if in the future we want to implement some safeguards against
> rogue registrations, we will need to agree on a more advanced algorithm
> for resolving clashes. I've already started thinking on it, but does
> anybody have any ideas?
Please remember that one of the reasons to do the new MDS was to glue it
together from existing software this way avoiding implementation and
later support effort of a large but single-use system. This results in
certain limitations, of course. The current MDS does not have any
memory, the feed is regenerated from scratch every time.

Adding to MDS both memory and algorithms deciding what to keep and what
to throw away would be a noticeable addition. We should be sure that we
really need that before we start designing algorithms. This touches the
problem of dropping a full feed on a single entity error, that I intend
to reopen soon.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology
Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576