edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Kristof Bajnok <bajnokk AT niif.hu>, Maja Wolniewicz <mgw AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] EntityID clashes?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 15:15:28 +0200

Hi Kristof,
this will be of course documented in the metadata aggregation
procedures document which is to be created, but to answer directly:

The algorithm is very simple, however not necessarily very just.
Federation feeds are aggregated in the order that federations started
supping metadata to eduGAIN and when a clash is found the new entity is
automatically dropped by pyFF. No comparison of entities is performed,
other entities are imported normally.

If you go to the entities database you can use the entity clashes
filter. You can set "Show clashes" which will show you the normal
listing but also display clash warnings, or you can set "Only clashes"
which will limit the listing to entities where clashes appeared.
Currently there are 13 such entities in eduGAIN. If you click on the
CLASH link you will see which federation actually supplies the entity
and what are the other federations where this entity has appeared. (All
this is explained in the Entity clashes tooltip.)

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576