edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] namespaces

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] namespaces

  • From: Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski AT heanet.ie>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] namespaces
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:29:13 +0000

On 26/02/16 10:09, Peter Schober wrote:
* Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski AT heanet.ie> [2016-02-25 23:13]:
I'm just curious how metadata is processed if there is entity containing
custom namespace but such namespace is declared in root element
(EntitiesDescriptor)

Namespaces don't need to be defined in the root element, they can be
defined on the element using the element or attribute itself, or even
in appropriate parent elements, IIRC.
But of course they need to be defined somewhere. The name of the
namespace prefix is irrelevant. It get's resolved from the definition.
-peter

I think my question wasn't clear.
What I meant was - if metadata consumed by edugain aggregator contained additional namespaces declared in root element.
I presume the aggregator inserts such declaration into every entity containing elements with these namespaces

--
Janusz