edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Test/dev IdPs in eduGAIN metadata

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Test/dev IdPs in eduGAIN metadata

  • From: Olivier Salaün <olivier.salaun AT renater.fr>
  • To: Tom Scavo <trscavo AT internet2.edu>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Test/dev IdPs in eduGAIN metadata
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:41:19 +0200

Hi Tom,

Maybe you missed the first part of my email.
I'm concerned about non production IdPs published in eduGAIN metadata.

As a matter of fact some of these IdPs are tagged as "hide-from-discovery". It makes me think that the registering federation identified that these are not production IdPs, but still published these SAML entities in their eduGAIN upstream file.

The B2B use case is sound like a legitimate for "hide-from-discovery" tagging. I'm more puzzled when it comes to Test IdPs...