edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] edugain validator

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] edugain validator

  • From: Janusz Ulanowski <janusz.ulanowski AT heanet.ie>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] edugain validator
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:12:51 +0100

Hi Tomasz,
That exactly what I need and I'm pretty sure it will be use full for others.
Thanks very much,
Janusz

On 12/08/13 13:14, Tomasz Wolniewicz wrote:
Hi Janusz,
we want to use that validator as the part of MDS, therefore we must
have a way of an automated way of controlling the result anyway. Maja
has always coded stuff in this direction, so finishing this is no bid
deal. We always thought that having a proper result code would be
sufficient, but Maja declares that she will also add the detailed
output. Therefore you would get something like:

<xml>
<returncode>code</returncode>
<message>
<error>
error message
</error>
<warning>
warning message
</warning>
</message>
</xml>

You could test both an individial entityDescriptor and the whole
entitiesDescriptor set, but this would require setting a flag in your post.

Is this close to what you had in mind?

Tomasz