cat-users AT lists.geant.org
Subject: The mailing list for users of the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT)
List archive
- From: Stefan Paetow <address@concealed>
- To: Jack Mace <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
- Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] EDU Connected but No Internet Secured
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 13:58:37 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=jisc.ac.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=jisc.ac.uk; dkim=pass header.d=jisc.ac.uk; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=TO9v1gXz2Px4002LlcLYrze0b8HKyg5aUMnHr71qzD0=; b=eGo8652KhrQ910sTEEyuqCDFLuDExVRcpfcHLsIvQrrhBWMCuAwxmIsnyCc/YahpwpT0TzLdpQIUXp/gsTMINXjtXMS+wQbZ452VhO0PVwFR+5g24BJxL4YikXia/KZB5dkS1T3MAcmaa1t0m0Ag6PEunZXCnAsKb5Y215q2cfx33XMGN0o7O6GF2LSbjwE5vO/NmAVgflh2J4/aGlINqbqEiEv1eZbt8vmIkpBtVrPRV2sPckyyrkMcq6kMZaVMlRjI39vsuK42KzOkBFdk6KJzQF6CWRJSveXzNCpNU1K6tSf+Z8RD6wkjix6P4jar1STEbWRoaL7ayCOhyhjNkw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=gNLemaPQUPEEEVi0Ows/yvkgdnMkjN2H1QZj8Y3ZdKWuX23WDQJORXizp3vYVIhKJS+yPzfppV/dr/OV9kQA3z/JQtUL1gryN50bn5ltgNYvfzSjQMrtqTjdTV2k1pt6uIdFw4xGt2f2+XXSTQ5kyAIwdvG/r6W2RE6eDZhR3+2/x6YzlKbqso7mAeNjyIeUHwv0MxqQ4IPZnWflmjoUPhiTk0ChN6Fifg4AJ6dir8huGYbsuHtQKWx0Vj0VqP8E8uBna/d4wo2pCAxxGQ39CIu1ndja0EQ9TA/mGM1WXzaYlQlJwKAYAPDjxH6ielz7O+tXAF+/eOS8osiyCVTkKw==
- Authentication-results: mail.geant.org; dkim=pass (2048-bit key; unprotected) header.d=jisc.ac.uk address@concealed header.a=rsa-sha256 header.s=selector2 header.b=qKfIgf8n; dkim-atps=neutral
- Authentication-results: mx.microsoft.com 1; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dmarc=none action=none header.from=jisc.ac.uk;
- Msip_labels: MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_Enabled=True;MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_SiteId=48f9394d-8a14-4d27-82a6-f35f12361205;MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_SetDate=2026-09-23T13:58:07.3985974Z;MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_Name=Public;MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_ContentBits=0;MSIP_Label_628f3288-8b3e-408d-a4e1-b1f65b180f66_Method=Privileged
Hi Jack,
This is not something the CAT users mailing list can help with. You should contact the UCD helpdesk via
https://www.ucd.ie/ithelp
Kind regards
Stefan Paetow
Federated Roaming Technical Specialist
eduroam(UK), Jisc – 20 years of free Wi-Fi for the UK R&E sector
email/teams: address@concealed
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
For eduroam support, please contact the eduroam team via address@concealed and mark it for eduroam’s attention.
I am not available on Mondays and Fridays between 12:00 and 15:00 London time (UTC in winter, UTC+0100 in summer).
Note: I don’t expect a reply outside of your working hours, since I work internationally with colleagues in different nationalities with different religions, customs, and holidays.
Reply when it is convenient for you.
Jisc is a registered charity (in England and Wales under charity number 1149740; in Scotland under charity number SC053607) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England
under company number 05747339, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. Jisc's registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB. T 0203 697 5800.
Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number 02881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The
registered office is: 4 Portwall Lane, Bristol, BS1 6NB. T 0203 697 5800.
For more details on how Jisc handles your data see our privacy notice here: https://www.jisc.ac.uk/website/privacy-notice
From: address@concealed <address@concealed> on behalf of Jack Mace <address@concealed>
Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2026 at 12:07
To: address@concealed <address@concealed>
Subject: [[cat-users]] EDU Connected but No Internet Secured
Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2026 at 12:07
To: address@concealed <address@concealed>
Subject: [[cat-users]] EDU Connected but No Internet Secured
Hi,
I am able to use the internet, but it shows no internet secured. While I can still do most things on my computer, I cannot save any Microsoft Office documents, like Word since I do not have a secure connection to the internet. This is making it difficult to
complete my school work.
I have tried shutting down and restarting my computer multiple times and I have tried forgetting eduroam and redownloading and logging in. None of this has worked. How can I regain a secure connection?
Thank you,
Jack
To unsubscribe, send this message: mailto:address@concealed?subject=unsubscribe%20cat-users
Or use the following link: https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users
Or use the following link: https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users
-
[[cat-users]] EDU Connected but No Internet Secured,
Jack Mace, 09/23/2026
- Re: [[cat-users]] EDU Connected but No Internet Secured, Stefan Paetow, 09/23/2026
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.
