cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] WIred connection Linux (Ubuntu)

Re: [[cat-users]] WIred connection Linux (Ubuntu)

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: DE SAINT JORES Killian <desaintjores AT et.esiea.fr>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] WIred connection Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:36:59 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl 1C11E200FC

Hi,

 We do not support wired connections for Linux. For wireless you bind your authentications methods to some SSID, in the wired case it is a global setting.

With Windows setting up 802.1x authentication on the wired interface made it optional - if the connection was established without 802.1x then there would be no need to use it.

Fr Linux (at least when we were testing it several years ago), setting 802.1x on the interface would block the possibility to connect to "standard" wired networks which do not require authentication. It seemed that we would be doing potential harm to people this way.

Yours

Tomasz Wolniewicz