cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK

  • From: Marcolino PIRES <marcolino.pires AT ac-paris.fr>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT pour Windows 10 NOK
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:35:23 +0100

Hi.

My responses in your text...

Le 14/02/2024 à 12:14, Tomasz Wolniewicz a écrit :

Hi,

I hope that with this second problem - failing to install credentials, the system will just report the problem, but end normally. In this situation on the first connection Windows should ask the user for credentials and then save it.

Yes it helps and works better because and uses anonymous@"my domaine"

I do not think that I would want to do anything more anout this, however, you can read my recent response about using the silent mode of the installer, which you can pack within your own wrapper. This mode was prepared just for situations when people wanted to automate installation for a large group of users.

I don't understand the context of the previous sentence ? What is my own wrapper ?

And please take a look at the geteduroam app and check if it will just work for your case.

It works fine with geteduroam.

And about the second question. The profile "eduroam via partner" is a safeguard mostly for the future. It is possible to create networks which will accept eduroam users but will not broadcast the eduroam SSID, instead these networks will send a special eduroam network identifier defined by the Hotspot 2.0 standard. This identifier can be recognised by the client and treated as if it was the eduroam SSID. In the presence of both the SSID asked profile will be given priority.

OK

Yours

Best regards

Tomasz