cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam

  • From: Martin Stanislav <ms AT uakom.sk>
  • To: Jerome Gutierrez <j.gutierrez AT bham.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 11:20:03 +0100

Hi Jerome,

I"m not sure this old version of macOS (10.11 / El Capitan)
can support TLS 1.2 while utilizing 802.1X to authenticate
the client device.

TLS 1.2 is typically configured as a required min. version
these days. You can check the configuration of supported
EAP types (and TLS in particular) at your org's RADIUS server
and also whether the concerned macOS version has the latest patches
applied. Next you can try EAP TLS packet capture and if that
reveals an incompatibility in case the authenticating client
only speaks TLS 1.0.

Kind regards,
Martin