cat-users - [[cat-users]] trouble with eduroam

[[cat-users]] trouble with eduroam

  • From: Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk AT ualberta.ca>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Information Services and Technology <ist AT ualberta.ca>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] trouble with eduroam
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 12:29:42 +0100

Dear support colleagues,

I'm a prof. at U. of Alberta.  I'm currently attending a conference at King's College London.  I have not been able to connect with eduroam either on my Linux Thinkpad laptop or on my Android phone.  I am a "power user" - I understand my computers and I have decades of experience with personal computers.  I tried all the different permutations of the variables required for connection.  I tried the successful settings that I had saved from using eduroam in Vienna last summer.  I downloaded and ran the Python script on my Linux machine and got a "eduroam successfully installed" message after it ran.

Eventually I have had to give up.  What is wrong?

Best wishes,
Dominik Wujastyk

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

University of Alberta, Canada
.

South Asia at the UofA: