cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] How do I check the version of CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] How do I check the version of CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: tmuope-center AT tmu.ac.jp
  • Cc: 'Stefan Paetow' <Stefan.Paetow AT jisc.ac.uk>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] How do I check the version of CAT
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 07:42:43 +0100

Hello,

On 10.01.23 02:17, tmuope-center (via cat-users Mailing List) wrote:
Sorry, I lacked an explanation.

Is there a way to check the version of CAT installed on the iPhone?

Also, the reason why I asked the question was written in the following email
on December 26,

Until now, EAP-TLS access was not possible on devices with Eduroam CAT
installed,
but it became possible from December 19th.
Have you had an update to Eduroam CAT recently?"
Let me ask you a question again.

I would like to know why EAP-TLS connection was not possible on an iPhone
with CAT installed and why it became possible to connect with the same iPhone
after December 19th.

There was no change to out tooling on or near 19 Dec 2022.

From what you write, I assume that the eduroam /connection/ started working on 19 Dec (but you installed the configuration profile long before that; it just never actually connected you). Is that correct?

I.e. you didn't freshly install the CAT profile on 19 Dec, and it immediately started working; when previous installs kept failing to work?

And the installation of the configuration profile never had any obvious errors while installing? It was always the /connection/ that didn't work?

This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please
treat accordingly.

Fondation Restena, Stefan WINTER
Chief Technology Officer
2, avenue de l'Université