cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 11 22H2 update breaks CAT eduroam?

Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 11 22H2 update breaks CAT eduroam?

  • From: Daniel Dittrich <rochdan AT uni-hildesheim.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Windows 11 22H2 update breaks CAT eduroam?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:27:18 +0200

Hi Paul,

My particular office only sees BYOD users.
Our Server uses freeradius3.

Am 06.10.22 um 14:54 schrieb Paul Dekkers:
Hi Daniel,

On 06/10/2022 14:30, Daniel Dittrich (via cat-users Mailing List) wrote:
Hi,

we are seeing the exact same thing with a number of our users (uni-hildesheim.de).
All other OS work fine, a recent update of Windows 11 seems to have broken something.

Just to check: are these indeed devices that are "BYOD", or are they part of an AD network?

I see some claim that it mostly affects the use of AD credentials; I'd like to confirm.

Also, it's still hard for me to reproduce; my client still accepts and stores the eduroam credentials it seems: despite it being PEAP-MSCHAPv2.

What kind of RADIUS server software are you using? It could also be TLS 1.3 related, if you have an older FreeRADIUS server in particular.

Regards,
Paul

--
MfG,