cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Fwd: error eduroam

Re: [[cat-users]] Fwd: error eduroam

  • From: JÁKÓ András <jako.andras AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Fwd: error eduroam
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 22:09:21 +0200

Hi Tomasz,

>     are you using TTLS? If so then we are not able to push the user
> credentials and the installer is not supposed to ask for them (if it
> does then it would appear to be a bug).

Yes, we use TTLS, and the installer does ask for credentials on Win10.

> It seems that MS has never published a credentials profile for TTLS (as
> they did for PEAP), therefore we cannot do much about that.

I understand. The most annoying part is the error message, which makes
quite a few of our new students contact our support team. (Well, they do
exactly what the error message tells them to do.) They don't try to
connect to eduroam after seeing the error.

Regards,
András