cat-users - [[cat-users]] Windows Installer not working on Windows11

[[cat-users]] Windows Installer not working on Windows11

  • From: Jens Schleede <jens.schleede AT uni-greifswald.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: David Sandmann <david.sandmann AT uni-greifswald.de>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Windows Installer not working on Windows11
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:13:58 +0200

Hello list,

Our CAT eduroam installer does not work on Windows 11.

I have debugged the problem a bit and found the following error when the wlan
profile is installed:

PS C:\Users\User\Downloads\eduroam> netsh wlan add profile .\wlan_prof-0.xml
Profile format error 0xE225:
The network connection profile is corrupted.

Also the installer tells the users that their Windows is not up to date and
they should upgrade their Windows10.

Best regards
Jens Schleede

--