cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Enduroam Wi-Fi for researchers from NIH

Re: [[cat-users]] Enduroam Wi-Fi for researchers from NIH

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "Matthies, Doreen (NIH/NICHD) [E]" <doreen.matthies AT nih.gov>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: "Romero, Rolando (NIH/NICHD) [E]" <rolando.romero AT nih.gov>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Enduroam Wi-Fi for researchers from NIH
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 11:22:38 +0200

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out.

NIH is already an eduroam participant, according to the eduroam.us participant list:

https://www.incommon.org/community-organization/?id=0015000000IMjh7AAD

So, you can use those hotspots today, by following the instructions given by NIH to their employees (which we don't see from outside).

The fact that NIH is not listed and using CAT does not preclude you from using eduroam - CAT is an additional support service for the subset of institutions that do not have another means for user onboarding. Apparently, NIH does have some other onboarding mechanism, so you don't find them around here.

I suggest you check the NIH intranet for eduroam onboarding instructions, and then enjoy eduroam :-)