cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam® ssid

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam® ssid

  • From: Jan Reister <Jan.Reister AT unimi.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam® ssid
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:39:31 +0100

Il 22/11/21 19:03, Tomasz Wolniewicz ha scritto:

This will go away, indeed this is misleading. ‘eduroam®’ is the Hotspot 2.0 profile ‘eduroam’ is the standard SSID profile. There is one more nasty thing about that. The installer claims it will install both profiles but if the network card does not support HS 2.0 the installation will fail silently, therefore we end up not installing what we have promised. Unfortunately there is no clear way to test the interface beforehand and this is why we assume that both files will get installed.

Hi Tomasz, this is interesting, do you mean that only eduroam®HS20 will fail, or also eduroam?

Jan

Jan Reister - CWAP CWDP CWSP CWNA
tel +39 02 50315307
Servizio Wireless - Ufficio Architettura di Rete - Settore Reti
Direzione ICT
Università degli Studi di Milano
www.unimi.it