cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam(R) ssid

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam(R) ssid

  • From: Jan Reister <Jan.Reister AT unimi.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam(R) ssid
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:27:37 +0100

Il 05/05/21 14:22, Tomasz Wolniewicz ha scritto:
We are now indeed generating two such profiles. This way if there is a network that wants to be seen as eduroam but for some reason cannot broadcast SSID eduroam, it has the option of broadcasting the eduroam  HS20 identifier. In such a case Windows will present the network to the user as "eduroam® via Passpoint" and will automatically connects just as it would do with an eduroam SSID.

Thank you Thomas for confirming it's an Hotspot2.0 thing. I received exactly the same question from users.

Jan

--
Jan Reister - CWAP CWDP CWSP CWNA
tel +39 02 50315307

  • Re: [[cat-users]] eduroam(R) ssid, Jan Reister, 01/26/2022