cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CatInstaller Windows 10

Re: [[cat-users]] CatInstaller Windows 10

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Thorsten Fritsch <thorsten.fritsch AT unibas.ch>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Philipp Petermann <philipp.petermann AT unibas.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CatInstaller Windows 10
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 08:51:49 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 outgoing.umk.pl 97AD8201CC

Hi,

   you are probably using EAP-TTLS. We are now using the native Windows 10 EAP handler, rather than the additional GEANTLink (which is now an option that the institution admin can set). Unfortunately we were not able to find any Microsoft documentation on how the possibility to pre-install user credentials for this method. Therefore in this one case we do not prompt for user credentials and they need to be provided at the first login.

Yours

Tomasz Wolniewicz