cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Question about an "onboarding" or "setup" SSID

Re: [[cat-users]] Question about an "onboarding" or "setup" SSID

  • From: Vlad Mencl <vladimir.mencl AT reannz.co.nz>
  • To: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Question about an "onboarding" or "setup" SSID
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 10:05:15 +1200

On 8/04/21 21:21, Martin Pauly wrote:
On 07.04.21 00:28, Vlad Mencl wrote:
Just wondering, would AirDrop (Apple's close range file transfer protocol) possible help here?
No, because when you can do AirDrop, you already have _some_ connection.

I hoped AirDrop would work also over Bluetooth alone ... but haven't tested. That's not the case?

This is about carrying around a SIM-less iOS device in a place where eduroam is the only WiFi network.

In fact, you can send a .mobileconfig via E-Mail. This is how we connected our first iPhone to 802.1X
back in 2008. But it does not change anything: If you can do E-Mail, you already have _some_ connection ;-)

Cheers, Martin

--
Vladimir Mencl
Senior Software Engineer