cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Connection refused with Samsung Galaxy S20

Re: [[cat-users]] Connection refused with Samsung Galaxy S20

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "Weste, Andreas" <a.weste AT jacobs-university.de>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Connection refused with Samsung Galaxy S20
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 17:21:33 +0100

Hello,

there are some issues on specific builds of Android 11 in relation to PEAP and the use of anonymous outer IDs in that EAP type. The issues are independent from CAT or any onboarding app. This particular device may very well be part of the affected set. According to our information, bug fixes for that particular issue are already in the queue at the manufacturer.

I believe you have meanwhile already received a notice from your eduroam National Roaming Operator in Germany, DFN:

You can either temporarily discontinue the use of anonymous outer identities and stick with PEAP, or you could try to move to TTLS and stick with anonymous outer IDs until PEAP with anon outer IDs becomes usable again.