cat-users - [[cat-users]] New root certificate issue ?

[[cat-users]] New root certificate issue ?

  • From: GINISTY Benoit <benoit.ginisty AT univ-montp3.fr>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] New root certificate issue ?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:54:18 +0100

Hello,

We're using cat from years, now.

Our authority certification has changed, so I added them in the configuration interface of the cat software.

When I setup my new radius certificate issued from my new root-ca, it seems all my client with old cat software release (old root-ca) can't connect anymore. Clients  are simply ignoring authentication request, cause it's not coming with the good certificate.

My radius conf is ok, cause when connecting from a device set up manually (without cat.eduroam) it works fine.

Did I miss something wrong in the cat.eduroam config ?

Am I forced to re-install all clients with new release of cat.eduroam because my root-ca has changed ? Is there a way to prevent this to happen again if my authority certification will change again in few years ?

All ideas are welcomed ;-)

Kind regards,

Benoit.