cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Screen lock not recognized by Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51

Re: [[cat-users]] Screen lock not recognized by Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51

  • From: Paul Dekkers <paul.dekkers AT surf.nl>
  • To: Daniele Albrizio <albrizio AT units.it>
  • Cc: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Screen lock not recognized by Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 09:33:06 +0100

Hi,

I recall there is a minimum length of the PIN for some of the requirements,
like connecting to Exchange. Not sure if that is the case here; but I just
tested on a Samsung Galaxy S10 with fingerprint and pattern, and did not have
an issue installing a profile (for NL eVA). Now I must admit that I’m always
using (and a fan of) public certificates on the servers *) so I’m not sure if
that’s the difference.

Could you on this particular device maybe try to see how geteduroam works for
you? The plan is to suggest geteduroam for Android 8+ instead of the existing
eduroam CAT app, and it may or may not solve the problem.
If you want, I can also send you a temporary eVA NL account to test with, so
we can identify the problem.

Regards,
Paul

*) because that also reduces the risk of private CAs lying around on your
clients that have a MitM risk potential (the screaming OS-warnings are there
for a reason), and it does trust-on-first-use on most clients if people use
that instead of an installer: which maybe only with EAP-TLS (via geteduroam?)
you can rule out.