cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Johns Hopkins an Organisation?

Re: [[cat-users]] Johns Hopkins an Organisation?

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Laura Camarata <lcamarata AT jhu.edu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Johns Hopkins an Organisation?
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 06:17:56 +0200

Hello Laura,

enlisting in eduroam CAT is an optional step for an institution participating in eduroam.

eduroam the network itself can work perfectly fine without JHU appearing in CAT.

You can find the configuration instructions for JHU on their dedicated wireless page, alongside with contact details for their helpdesk in case of problems:

https://it.johnshopkins.edu/services/network/wireless/eduroam.html

Services like eduroam CAT provide more convenience and secure-by-default onboarding for eduroam users. We'd be delighted if JHU would choose to sign up. It's free, they merely need to contact their National Roaming Operator to get access.