cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Checking for Name (CN) of Authentication Server

Re: [[cat-users]] Checking for Name (CN) of Authentication Server

  • From: Matthew Slowe <Matthew.Slowe AT jisc.ac.uk>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Checking for Name (CN) of Authentication Server
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 09:45:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

On 25 Feb 2020, at 07:52, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu> wrote:

Hello,

this is a recommendation we have on the eduroam wiki since a long time indeed:

(see the table, second entry)

Yes… I’d forgotten (my fault!).

And for the CAT property check, you mean, like the check that exists in CAT since several years?

Please run the CAT checks against the realm in question or let us know the realm so we can. If the check does not bark on this form of server name, we will need to check the code. The intention definitely is that you WILL be warned in these cases.

I’ve fixed it now, but I was thinking about the “save” summary screen where there are a load of green ticks (or not)…

It’s not a big deal… just trying to help people not shoot themselves in the foot :-)

Thanks,
Matthew