cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Feature Request: Have CAT apps look for profile updates?

Re: [[cat-users]] Feature Request: Have CAT apps look for profile updates?

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Feature Request: Have CAT apps look for profile updates?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:48:00 +0200

Hi,

On 11.07.19 08:51, Stefan Winter wrote:
we've discussed the merits and drawbacks of such an auto-update feature
a number of times, without a clear winner.

I agree, there is no easy solution to this kind of migration.
It was just something that had come to my mind when I was thinking about how
to tackle
this seemingly huge migration task on a more global level than just my own
university.
Once you go all the way and develop your own app, you do have some influence.
That said, CAT development should perhaps concentrate on getting right what it
tries to do on many more devices, improve user interface and so on.

And here are more alternatives: For Android, EAP-PWD is available.
Given the fact that about 98% of academic institutions use passwords on the
client side,
this might be a way for many to go for the future (haven't tried it myself,
though).

Regards, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994