cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Question in regards anonymous identity

Re: [[cat-users]] Question in regards anonymous identity

  • From: Alan Buxey <alan.buxey AT gmail.com>
  • To: Oberli Patrick <patrick.oberli AT hsr.ch>
  • Cc: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "db AT alaska.edu" <db AT alaska.edu>, list <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Question in regards anonymous identity
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 20:32:56 +0100

hi,

who would be using the free service anonymously? visitors? they have
the right to privacy (hello GDPR and how useful eduroam+anonymous is)
- the home
organisation knows exactly who that person is if there is some issue
(abuse/etc)

your own users? well, they are you own users! - so you have , in your
RADIUS server, the exact identity (the innerID) of who operates that
wireless client
so there is no need to abuse their configuration - its up to you how
that is logged and revealed in your management systems

alan