cat-users - [[cat-users]] Reported problem with connecting Android devices to Eduroam

[[cat-users]] Reported problem with connecting Android devices to Eduroam

  • From: Jenny Jordan <Jenny.Jordan AT edgehill.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: Michael Nolan <Michael.Nolan AT edgehill.ac.uk>, Chris Wright <Chris.Wright AT edgehill.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Reported problem with connecting Android devices to Eduroam
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:39:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear CAT@Eduroam

A number of Android users have reported being unable to connect to Eduroam having downloaded and installed the Eduroam CAT.  It appears that when you enter your username and password that part of the app doesn’t work as expected.  If you ignore it and at the end of the routine ‘forget’ the network, then join Eduroam in the usual way through the Android device wireless settings, then connection is successful.

I guess I’m just asking you if you would have a look at the CAT to ensure the authentication part is running correctly.

Many thanks,

Jenny

Jenny Jordan

IT Customer Services Manager

IT Services

Durning Centre, 1st Floor

Edge Hill University

St Helens Road

Ormskirk

Lancashire L394QP

jordanj AT edgehill.ac.uk

01695 650444 (x7444)

For 24x7 information, visit the IT Services Wiki (login required)

https://go.edgehill.ac.uk/display/itservices/Home

Customer Service Excellence 2019-2022