cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Dúvida -Help

Re: [[cat-users]] Dúvida -Help

  • From: Arthur Petrosyan <arthur AT sci.am>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Dúvida -Help
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 07:53:07 +0400

Hi,

28 мая 2019 г. 9:51:43 GMT+04:00, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
пишет:
>Hello,
>
>> I speak on behalf of UFVJM in Brazil and most recently joined the
>> Eduroam project. We have an LDAP database and TTLS + PAP
>authentication.
>> As you know, by default Windows systems do not support the
>> authentication method, requiring the use of third-party software.
>
>That is true for Windows 7 only; 8.1 and 10 bring their own TTLS
>supplicant.
>
>> My
>> question is with CAT, it does an intermediation, making this become
>an
>> authenticator via TTLS + PAP in our network.
>
>For Windows 7, when selecting TTLS-PAP as the preferred EAP type, our
>installers will include a piece of software ("GEANTLink") that brings
>TTLS-PAP to the system. This all happens automatically and is
>transparent for you and the end user.
>
>For Windows 8.1 and 10, you can control whether you prefer the built-in
>TTLS supplicant or want to have GEANTlink included anyway. This can be
>done with an EAP-specific option on the "Installer Fine-Tuning and
>Download" page.

If I'm correct, for Windows 8.1 and 10, the default config is GEANTlink
included anyway.
Question is why, not vice-versa?
Does it mean you find GEANTlink solution better that built-in TTLS supplicant
?

--
Regards,
Arthur Petrosyan