cat-users - [[cat-users]] Geolocation error in android app?

[[cat-users]] Geolocation error in android app?

  • From: "Scheller, Ronald" <Ronald.Scheller AT ipb-halle.de>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Geolocation error in android app?
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 13:42:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Hello

In the context of certificate expiration, the CAT tool is currently
recommended to all users.
Especially in the Android APP is negative that our profile does not
automatically appear in the search.
Only Uni Marburg is displayed, which is wrong.
Only when switching to manual search and entering our institute abbreviation
IPB the correct profile is found. With the note 213km distance.

Where is this set? The admin tool shows a map where our institute is
correctly selected.

In the browser it works correctly!

So I assume that the information in the cat administration are correct.

The app asks at startup for permission to access the location data, which is
allowed.
I have observed the same behavior on several different models / firmware
versions. The app version does not matter.

Where is the mistake ?

Also the check that the user enter the correct realm does not work.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ronald Scheller
IT-Admin

  • [[cat-users]] Geolocation error in android app?, Scheller, Ronald, 05/15/2019