cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] New service: eduroam Managed IdP

Re: [[cat-users]] New service: eduroam Managed IdP

  • From: Arthur Petrosyan <arthur AT sci.am>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>,eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>,cat-announce AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] New service: eduroam Managed IdP
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:27:15 +0400

Congratulations Stefan!
That's really great job done !

Do we have news about possibility to install and run it locally as I asked before?

Thanks
Arthur Petrosyan

20 марта 2019 г. 17:17:38 GMT+04:00, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu> пишет:
Hello,

it is my great pleasure to announce that we have just launched a new
service in the eduroam portfolio, "eduroam Managed IdP". It is a feature
of the code base of CAT 2.0, deployed on a separate system.

eduroam Managed IdP allows small organisations to run an eduroam IdP on
infrastructure operated by the eduroam Operations Team. All
configuration is done on a simple website, with all RADIUS and
configuration details hidden from the administrator.

Please find the product description on the official documentation web site:

https://www.eduroam.org/eduroam-managed-idp/

The system is entirely web-based and allows eduroam administrators to
create, provision, onboard, and in the end deactivate their eduroam end
users. All technical operation of the eduroam IdP functions is thus
outsourced to eduroam Operations; the eduroam IdP however remains fully
responsible for all the end users they provision.

As with all IdP admission decisions, the decision to allow use of
eduroam Managed IdP as an institution is the prerogative of the eduroam
National Roaming Operator in the country or region where the IdP is
situated.

So, if you want to try out eduroam Managed IdP in parallel to your
existing RADIUS infrastructure, please request an invitation from your
eduroam NRO.

We are preparing a webinar which will walk you through the process of
administering a Managed IdP.

On the technical side, the eduroam Managed IdP end-user credentials are
on top of today's best practices: authentication is with client
certificates (EAP-TLS) using Elliptic Curve Cryptography; the eduroam
installers bring with them compatibility with the Wi-Fi Alliance
"Passpoint" programme on select operating systems.

Please don't be shy and give the system a try immediately.

Greetings,

The eduroam Managed IdP development team and eduroam Operations

--
Regards,
Arthur Petrosyan