cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org TLS iOS

RE: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org TLS iOS

  • From: Pierluigi Checchi <pierluigi.checchi AT polimi.it>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] cat.eduroam.org TLS iOS
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:38:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: it-IT, en-US

Hi Stefan,
I am asked the certificate to use for eduroam and can successfully connect
(using a .mobileconfig profile for OSX and a certificate installed from our
website). The main things to note is:

- I am on the last iOS
- Your certificate is just another profile on iOS
- Once you associate the cert with an ssid (i.e. eduroam or our local EAP-TLS
prolimi-protected SSID) you cannot "forget" that ssid and you have just to
remove the profile
- You end having two profiles on iOS: one is the certificate, one is the
profile containing ssids etc.

I am sending screenshots of the entire procedure on a separate private email
to you.

Thank you,
PC

---
Pierluigi CHECCHI
Politecnico di Milano
Area Servizi ICT - Servizio Gestione Rete dati-fonia
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - 20133 Milano - Italy
Tel: +39 02 2399 2356
Mobile: +39 3473532996
pierluigi.checchi AT polimi.it