cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Minor issues of CAT 2.0

Re: [[cat-users]] Minor issues of CAT 2.0

  • From: NAKAMURA Motonori <motonori AT nii.ac.jp>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Minor issues of CAT 2.0
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 15:55:04 +0900

On 2018/11/30 17:27, Tomasz Wolniewicz wrote:

- The new profile is a shared one for a sort of IdP hosting service in
Japan. So I'd like to remove location information. A location
information is initially added in the "General Information", and it can
be removed. But it will be revived after addition of another Identity
Provider Name, and I have to remove again after that.

As you observed, you can remove it but in the next edit it will be
filled again. I guess we should not save anything unless the user
actually does something like search for the address or drag the pointer.
It think that this would be a useful change and should easy to implement.

Thanks. I found that profiles defined for Japan are shown primarily even without location information, although I do not understand why such profiles are chosen. Anyway, I'm satisfied with current implementation on automatic selection.

- I cannot find out a way to cancel invitation of a new IdP
administrator in case I entered a wrong email address. The wrong email
address is kept showing in the pending invitation list.

Invitations expire after 24h and are then dropping off the list
automatically. That's why we didn't see it as a priority to add an
explicit Revoke button for those.

Does this issue lie heavy on your heart? We can always add such a button
if it is seen as useful.

OK. That's fine. I would be happy if a message like "will be expired after 24h" is added for the list of invitation.

- I cannot choose a language locale JA for an Identity Provider Name.
The name I entered before CAT 2.0 is shown as "unsupported language"...

Stefan has explained the reason,  we only support adding language
variants for languages that are supported by the whole system. It could
be argued that this is wrong. Perhaps we could allow the interface to
run in English but use Japanese strings for admin-supplied values, I can
see arguments both for and against such approach.

OK. I understand I have to finish Japanese translations for the system ;-)

Best regards,
---
Motonori NAKAMURA <motonori AT nii.ac.jp>
Academic Authentication Systems Office,
Research and Development Center for Academic Networks,
National Institute of Informatics, JAPAN