cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT Android app - no forwarding to profiles

[[cat-users]] CAT Android app - no forwarding to profiles

  • From: Gregor Bothe <gregor.bothe AT uni-leipzig.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT Android app - no forwarding to profiles
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 11:10:40 +0100

Hello all,

first, as I don't just want to ask for help, I want to thank you all for the useful information on this list. But one the other hand I have a problem with the CAT Android app.

Currently only our servicedesk uses CAT, but most Android users
manually configure their devices with our documentation. We set up a new CAT2 profile with the new certificate and want to publish it with the CAT app asap to our users to avoid manual settings.

After starting the eduroam CAT Android app (current version 1.1.44) it will search and list the nearby configs which includes the "Universität Leipzig". I can tap it (will be highlighted), but there is no further response.
I won't be forwarded to the cat.eduroam.org website and therefor can't select the profile. I tried it on several devices (e.g. Samsung S8 "stock" Android 8, Samsung S3 Linage 7.1.2).

As for a test:
I can tap on "Hochschule fuer Technik, Wirtschaft und Kultur Leipzig" and will be forwarded to cat.eduroam.de. Well, that's the old version, but at least it's something :)
It also works with "Ludwig-Maximilans-Universität München (LMU)", so it's not about the German umlauts. But for booth universities it seems like they aren't using CAT2 (.org), at least they are forwarding to cat.eduroam.de.
Our cat.eduroam.de interface is still active, even all the profiles have the forward link to cat.eduroam.org. Also removing a forward link doesn't change the effect.
I'm also pretty sure that it worked before working with cat.eduroam.org.

Did I missed something?

Regards,
Gregor
--
Gregor Bothe

Universitätsrechenzentrum
Benutzerservice

Universität Leipzig
Augustusplatz 10
04109 Leipzig

Tel.:     + 49 (0)341 97 33425
E-Mail:   gregor.bothe AT uni-leipzig.de
Internet: https://www.urz.uni-leipzig.de