cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] SSID for eduroam in 5 Ghz only

Re: [[cat-users]] SSID for eduroam in 5 Ghz only

  • From: "Francisco J. Medina Jimenez" <fran AT ugr.es>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] SSID for eduroam in 5 Ghz only
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 10:51:49 +0100

Hello,

It is not a good idea to change the default eduroam SSID to another combination. With that, users who visit your organization will not be able to connect automatically.

With Cisco's infraestructure I think it is possible. You can use AP groups, creating an special AP group (for only 5G) associating only 802.11a RF-Profile and leaving 802.11b to "none".

Other option it is to use band select and "force" 5Ghz clients to "prefer" this band.

Regards.