cat-users - [[cat-users]] Connectivity Issues for Faculty Member in Spain.

[[cat-users]] Connectivity Issues for Faculty Member in Spain.

  • From: Thomas Counavelis <thereo AT duke.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Connectivity Issues for Faculty Member in Spain.
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 15:42:13 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hi Folks,

            I have a faculty member who is at the University of Alicante in Spain, and is unable to connect to Eduroam.  She was given temporary credentials by the IT staff there to get onto their wireless network but was not able to do so.  While in her apartment, I had a remote connection into her MacBook Pro, to see if it was possible to get her connected.  Since Eduroam was not visible, this is not viable.  The faculty member said she would try getting onto the cafe near the campus where she can see Eduroam, and try to connect there.  She unfortunately did not connect to Eduroam while she was here at Duke University.

            I’ve searched Google and there seem to be some issues with connecting to Eduroam at several other places.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom Counavelis

--

Thomas S. Counavelis

Duke University

IT Analyst

203 Languages

Durham, NC 27708

tts-westhelp AT duke.edu

http://admin.trinity.duke.edu/technology/request-help

thereo AT duke.edu

  • [[cat-users]] Connectivity Issues for Faculty Member in Spain., Thomas Counavelis, 05/23/2018