cat-users - [[cat-users]] User Password restrictions in CAT

[[cat-users]] User Password restrictions in CAT

  • From: Michael Davis <davis AT udel.edu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] User Password restrictions in CAT
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 10:51:02 -0400

There have been previous reports of password length issues, and special (high) character
issues, can we presume these have all been addressed in the current CAT release?

I have a client on a new windows10 surface that has '#' and '&' characters in their password,
and the CAT app reports a credential error message after entering their username/password.
At one point the machine was trying to authenticate, but it was sending the system's MAC
as the username.   Several IT folks have used CAT on the same system and everything has
worked fine.  Additionally the client can use the same password on an CAT configured iOS
device just fine.

Any additional information I can provide to get someone to look into this?

thanks
mike