cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] Android Connectivity using CAT

RE: [[cat-users]] Android Connectivity using CAT

  • From: Jeremy Plumley <jmplumley AT gtcc.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] Android Connectivity using CAT
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 19:33:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Just wanted to give an update on my setup and that I think I got it all
resolved. I think my root cause was GoDaddy just does not work well with
Microsoft NPS on 2008 R2 server. I switched to Comodo and androids started to
work instantly. I did run into an issue that I had to have two roots
installed for all my devices to work. Windows systems wanted the Comodo RSA
Certificate Authority root to work and Android wanted the AddTrustExternalCA
root. Only way I could get it to work was to load AddTrust certificate first
into eduroam CAT then Comodo RSA Certificate Authority. The intermediate
Comodo RSA didn't work on Windows systems so I had to download the root one
from Comodo repository.

Jeremy Plumley
ITS Network Administrator
Ext 50024